Ahhh, thanks Mr X, really appreciate the kind words. I completely agree with you, however, there can be many reasons why MOD authors don't support their MODs.
1. Just doesn't have the time (this is most likely the case).
2. Doesn't have access to or own a computer anymore.
3. Author is locked up in Jail...lol, but could be the case.
4. Author is more interested in MODs that they sell, and only offer support for these MODs.
5. Author is no longer alive (DECEASED).
and the list goes on and on...
Usually if a MOD is good enough, you will notice other members giving support for that MOD and possibly the MOD Author also. This is a great thing for a MOD Author as this helps them in many ways so they can focus on other things. And also makes them appreciate such users even more. I can't speak for all MOD authors, but I believe most of them feel this way. I know I definitely do.
Well, in short, I stand behind all of my PROJECTS and whether they are free or not, doesn't make a difference to me. Although all of my projects that are publicly known at the moment are FREE. IMO, it doesn't take much to give support for a project you created. But is the very little things that you do that make a big difference in the end. As I'm sure that maybe one day when I decide to actually sell one of my huge projects, you will remember me in a positive way from all of the FREE projects that I made and supported.
Well, just my 2 cents