collapse

Author Topic: Reward for the safe return of Shortie!!!!  (Read 1074 times)

Offline SoLoGHoST

• SMF MOD Expert!
  • Connoisseur
  • Windows VistaWindows Vista
  • Browser:
  • Opera 10.60Opera 10.60
    • View Profile
Re: Reward for the safe return of Shortie!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
Well, the background color is being set within each block somehow, so I would do a search within all of the CSS files starting with index.css, make sure to start in the current theme folder that you are using for your forum.  And start changing all background CSS Rules, or removing them 1 at a time.  Save and upload to your forum, and sooner or later, you will get the correct one that needs to be removed.  There should be only 1 of them.  Though, SP uses .sp_block for the class name of the divs that represent the content of the blocks, so there's a good chance that this is being defined already within a CSS file in your theme, and perhaps this is where you need to edit the background property.

Well, anyways, just trying to help you here.

Good Luck.

Offline VintageJetBoats

• Practiced
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 5.0.375.127Chrome 5.0.375.127
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 02:29:56 PM »
Well, the background color is being set within each block somehow, so I would do a search within all of the CSS files starting with index.css, make sure to start in the current theme folder that you are using for your forum.  And start changing all background CSS Rules, or removing them 1 at a time.  Save and upload to your forum, and sooner or later, you will get the correct one that needs to be removed.  There should be only 1 of them.  Though, SP uses .sp_block for the class name of the divs that represent the content of the blocks, so there's a good chance that this is being defined already within a CSS file in your theme, and perhaps this is where you need to edit the background property.

Well, anyways, just trying to help you here.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the tips, that's how I have been able to do some of my customizations is by trial and error. Shortie has been extremely helpful as well by doing a lot of mods for me and in the process teaching me how to do them myself.

I thank you for all your pointers, I am sure that once I find it the code you gave me will do the trick.
I have one question about it though. In that command line should there be some type of command that tells it what the level of transparency should be?
Shortie's Ultimate PlayRoom | RC3 | Simple Portal | Aeva Gallery

Offline VintageJetBoats

• Practiced
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 5.0.375.127Chrome 5.0.375.127
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
ok... So I have decided to search out the images and change their transparency and fill with PhotoShop.

I had success with windowsbg-01a.png changing it and being able to see my image through it. I found that image in the theme folder for the specific color scheme. If you go to www.vjbforum.com you will see the VERY bottom box is transparent, that is the look I am going for. I was able to copy and paste that same image throughout the themes because they are all alike as far as that background is concerned.

I have not been able to locate the background above that one though. I just keep experimenting.....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:14:20 PM by VintageJetBoats »
Shortie's Ultimate PlayRoom | RC3 | Simple Portal | Aeva Gallery

* Search

* Latest Activity.

A GM Wallpaper by NerdBoy
[Yesterday at 07:31:24 AM]

Next Topic Page 1.2 by NerdBoy
[December 15, 2010, 06:28:37 PM]

Windows 8 Wallpaper Concepts by NerdBoy
[December 14, 2010, 09:31:08 PM]

Who can make me a custom mod? by VintageJetBoats
[December 13, 2010, 10:35:47 AM]