Post Ratings 1.4
POST RATINGS 1.4
For SMF 2.0 RC1.2, RC2, and RC3 ONLY!
Allows your Posts to be rated on a scale of 1 - 5 stars. Many features and options included for this.
Post Ratings allows your posts to be rated on a scale from 1 - 5 stars. Users can not rate their own posts. This mod is completely customizable. You can choose the rated and non-rated images to display. Put BBC and Smileys into the rating options. And many more features. You can Enable All Posts, and/or New Posts, or Disable All Posts, and/or New Posts from being rated. You can choose to not allow the First post within a topic to be rated. You can set the % values for each rating within the Ratings Threshold and also set the Ratings Threshold Strength. You can also choose a limit on how many ratings each post can have as well as what to do when locking that topic. If a message and/or topic is removed, all ratings within that message/topic will also be removed. Also, permissions can be set to allow for enable/disable in topics and/or posts on a per Board basis via Board Profiles.
RELATED TO CUSTOM THEMES
When installing Post Ratings if you want to install into your additional themes, besides Core (which installs for both Curve and Core Themes automatically upon installation, and needs to be this way in order for Post Ratings to work in the Core Theme). There is no need to install the images, as they are automatically installed and linked to the Curve images directory. The only thing that must be installed is the index.template.php edit. You can refer to this pic attached for how to install in your other themes.
If, for some reason, you are not able to view the Enable, Disable, and Delete Ratings images in your custom themes within all posts (and it's not disabled in Post Ratings Settings), or you have installed Themes after you installed Post Ratings, you can edit the index.template.php file manually within the SMF Admin Panel:
: Browse to: Admin
-> Themes and Layout
-> Theme Settings
: Click on your Custom Theme's Name, you may have to scroll down until you see it.
: Under Edit Theme
, click on: Modify the index template. (the main template)
: In the 3rd textarea edit box, you will see: function template_html_above()
, look for this code in there:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css?rc3" media="print" />
Directly After this, but before the ';
ADD the following code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/postratings.css?rc3" />STEP 5
: Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and Click on the SAVE CHANGES
button. ALL DONE! Repeat these steps for all other installed Custom Themes.
This mod lacks certain features that will be presented in Post Ratings Pro
, which will be made available for purchase once it is complete. Such features include, but not limited to:
- Ordering all posts within a topic by highest/lowest rating.
- Ability to expand the rating to more than 5 images as well as half .5 (1/2) of a rating.
- Ability to set the actual rating score for each rating. Not talking about the threshold, talking about the actual score of each rating.
- Ability to automatically enable ratings within a topic that gets created by any other mod on your forum. By default it will be disabled, but you will be able to change this to enabled within Post Ratings Admin Settings for any mod you have installed.
- A Complete Stats page for viewing highest rated posts/topics, most rated posts/topics, highest rated member, and more.
- The ability to turn this into a Topic Ratings MOD.
- The ability to select Categories/Boards to enable/disable Post Ratings in.
- Possibly the option to view ratings for Admins will be introduced and will allow Administrate permissions to delete specific ratings.
- And I'm just getting started with this. The List goes on and on with even more features!
- You will also receive a FULL YEAR of FREE UPDATES
To ensure Post Ratings Settings are correctly placed and loaded, you will be redirected so that your File Cache will be cleared, directly after installing Post Ratings. After which, go to: Forum -> Posts and Topics -> Post Ratings and complete setup. Than make sure you have your permissions set for each usergroup. You will notice their are Board Profile permissions as well for enabling in topics and posts.