collapse

Author Topic: Paint.NET 3.5.5 Build 3754 Beta  (Read 236 times)

Offline DMHolt57

• Global Moderator
  • Connoisseur
  • Shameless Agitator
  • Windows 7Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0MS Internet Explorer 8.0
    • View Profile
    • Windows7NewsInfo
Paint.NET 3.5.5 Build 3754 Beta
« on: April 13, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
Paint.NET is free image editing and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows. It supports layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple tool for photo and image editing.
The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with a small amount of C++ for installation and shell-integration related functionality. Paint.NET can be used to enhance and clean up your photographs. Using the Clone Stamp tool, the power lines that criss-crossed in front of the Space Needle were carefully removed.
Other operations were performed that had the effect of smoothing out the image without blurring it, adding some "bloom" (glow), and increasing the contrast.

FEATURES:
Simple, intuitive user interface
Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. It is also designed to be immediately familiar to users of the original MS Paint software that comes with Windows.

Layers
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.

Powerful Tools
Paint.NET includes simple tools for drawing shapes, including an easy-to-use curve tool for drawing splines or Bezier curves. The Gradient tool, new for 3.0, has been cited as a huge improvement over similar tools provided by other software. The facilities for creating and working with selections is powerful, yet still simple enough to be picked up quickly. Other powerful tools include the Magic Wand for selecting regions of similar color, and the Clone Stamp for copying or erasing portions of an image. There is also a simple text editor, a tool for zooming, and a Recolor tool.

Unlimited History
Everybody makes mistakes, and everybody changes their mind. To accommodate this, every action you perform on an image is recorded in the History window and may be undone. Once you've undone an action, you can also redo it. The length of the history is only limited by available disk space.

Special Effects
Many special effects are included for perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.

Open Source and Free
Paint.NET is provided free-of-charge, and the source code (all 133,000 lines of it) is also available for free under generous licensing terms. The bulk of Paint.NET is written in C#, with only a small amount of code related to setup and shell-integration written in C++.

Changes in Paint.NET 3.5.5 Build 3754 Beta
Today, Visual Studio 2010 and .NET v4 were released. With this, Paint.NET v3.5.5 is moving to use .NET v4

Please note that XP SP2 and Vista pre-SP1 ("RTM") are no longer supported. Just to clarify, XP is still supported! However, you must have Service Pack 3 ("SP3") installed. For Vista, you must have SP1 or SP2 installed.

Here's the download link for the Paint.NET Beta itself. It will download and install .NET v4 Client Profile automatically if it's needed.

Homepage - http://www.getpaint.net

Size: 4.78 MB
Download Paint.NET 3.5.5 Beta
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:17:38 PM by DMHolt57 »
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading My Post.

Offline Shortie

• Administrator
  • Authority
  • The Ultimate Boss
  • Windows 7Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.3Firefox 3.6.3
    • View Profile
    • Graphics Mayhem
Re: Paint.NET 3.5.5 Build 3754 Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
It is a good app guys

But for some reason I just could not get on with it a bit like Blender

BUT that said a lot of people do not like PShop so each to their own

BUT again if you have not tried it then it is well worth a go  - So download and go

Offline NerdBoy

• Graphics Mayhem Designer
  • Global Moderator
  • Expert
  • Computer Nerd/Enthusiast
  • Windows 7Windows 7
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:17:41 AM »
I agree different strokes for different folks try it you might like it. I also found it a little hard to use but I think it is just a matter of learning how to use it and of course practice makes perfect . :)
Thank You,"Guest" For Reading My Post.

Offline Shortie

• Administrator
  • Authority
  • The Ultimate Boss
  • Windows 7Windows 7
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Graphics Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:35:57 AM »
Practice is the name of the game :D

I am in to Carrara at the moment and my first impressions were how the H&*( do you get this to do what you want it to do But 12 Hours later I can do stuff I thought was not possible
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:37:04 AM by Shortie »

Offline DMHolt57

• Global Moderator
  • Connoisseur
  • Shameless Agitator
  • Windows 7Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0MS Internet Explorer 8.0
    • View Profile
    • Windows7NewsInfo
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:32:26 AM »
I found it easy to go from using just paint, to learning about layers with pdn.  Made it a much easier transition when I finally got my hands on Photoshop.  :wave:

* Search

* Latest Activity.

logo by honeywick
[Yesterday at 05:05:29 PM]

Backgrounds by NerdBoy
[Yesterday at 05:02:09 PM]

Button Bar up top....? by VintageJetBoats
[Yesterday at 11:19:41 AM]

October 2010 Graphics Mayhem Wallpapers by NerdBoy
[October 31, 2010, 05:16:59 PM]

Deezels turn for a request....please by DMHolt57